Mmmm...pesto. Who doesn't love it? While we must admit this cheesy, oily mixture is definitely not the healthiest of pasta sauces, it sure is delicious! But who's to say we can't try to make it a little healthier? (And make ourselves feel less guilty about it!) We came up with a pesto recipe that includes some nutrient-dense Moringa powder, and we think you'll love it!
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped pine nuts (best if chopped with a food processor)
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon of Terra Isla Moringa Powder
- 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan
- Your desired amount of salt and pepper
- Combine your olive oil, garlic, pine nuts, and fresh basil leaves.
- Whisk in your Moringa powder, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Pour your pesto sauce over your pasta, top it with some extra cheese or fresh, sliced cherry tomatoes, and enjoy!
Moringa Powder: Moringa is most well-known for its all-natural energizing affects, which are never followed by a crash. It can aid in mental clarity, maintaining a healthy blood pressure, and boosting your immunity. Packed with various vitamins and minerals, it's an antioxidant as well as an anti-inflammatory. Moringa also has strong anti-aging properties, and aids in both flexibility and mobility.
Olive Oil: Olive oil is a good source of healthy fat. It has been found to help lower a person's risk of having a stroke, developing heart disease, and developing high blood pressure. Additionally, it is packed with vitamins E and K, the minerals iron, calcium, potassium, and sodium, and antioxidants that protect cells from free radical damage.
Basil: Basil has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties that can combat a wide range of problems and infections in the body. It is also a known adaptogen - meaning it can help to reduce stress and anxiety. Basil has been found to support cardiovascular health, as well as house antioxidants that protect our bodies from disease.