This one is for all of those pumpkin spice fanatics! Let's be honest - What better way is there to kickoff the fall season than with a pumpkin baked good?! We tried out our own Moringa-infused pumpkin muffin recipe, and we think you're going to love it. We sure did! Topped with sugar and pecans, and marbled with our pure Moringa powder, it's a sweet treat that has some key health benefits hidden in it!
This recipe makes about two dozen muffins
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of ground cloves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of Terra Isla Moringa Powder
- 2 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 can of pure pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Chopped pecans as a topping (optional)
Let's Get Started!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Place baking liners in the cups of your muffin tin.
- Combine your flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl. This will be your "dry mix".
- In a separate bowl, combine your sugar and melted butter until they are thoroughly mixed. Then, begin to beat in your eggs. This will be your "wet mix".
- Take about half of your dry mix, and add it to your wet mix, followed by 1/4 cup of water. Make sure all of this is mixed together evenly.
- Repeat the previous step for the remaining half of your dry mix, also adding in the remaining 1/4 cup of water.
- Once your entire dry mix is added and evenly distributed, begin to stir in your pumpkin and 1 teaspoon of your vanilla extract. This will become your "orange mix".
8. Once your orange mix is smooth, remove about 1 cup of it, and place it in a separate bowl.
9. Add your Terra Isla Moringa Powder to this separate bowl, and stir. This separate mixture will be your "green mix". (Add a bit of water if the mix becomes too dry or thick).
10. Add the remaining teaspoon of vanilla extract to your green mix.
11. Fill each of your muffin cups a little over halfway with your orange mix. Once you are finished doing this, then go ahead and add a dollop of your green mix to each, and swirl it in with a toothpick in order to created a marbled effect:
12. Once you are finished marbling your muffins, place them in the oven and let them bake for about 5 minutes.
13. After 5 minutes, remove your muffins and add your chopped pecans and a dash of sugar on top of each one.
14. Place your muffins back in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until a "toothpick test" deems them finished. (You should be able to poke a toothpick through your muffins and remove it with no batter residue.)
15. Let them cool a bit, and enjoy!