Looking for a healthy and energizing treat that will fill you up? Well, we've got one for you! Consisting of immune-boosting raw honey, protein-packed peanut butter, energizing Moringa powder, and paired with fiber-full red apples, this dip is the perfect fix when you're looking to snack! Making it is as easy as 1-2-3.
What You'll Need:
- Raw Honey: Packed with beneficial flavinoids, amino acids, and immune-boosting antioxidants, raw honey is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory. It contains certain vitamins, minerals, and trace enzymes that refined honey does not. Raw honey has been found to help regulate both blood sugar and glycogen levels, as well as help our bodies better absorb calcium. It is an all-natural energy booster, as it contains roughly 17 grams of carbohydrates per tablespoon. The best part? It's cholesterol-free, sodium-free, and fat-free!
- Peanut Butter: Peanut butter is rich in protein, antioxidants, vitamin E, healthy fats, and fiber. Because of itspotassium content, it has been said to help lower the risk of high blood pressure, stroke, and heart disease. The magnesium in peanut butter helps maintain healthy and strong bones and muscles. It may also help boost the immune system because it contains Vitamin B6. Peanut butter is one of the foods highest in niacin, which studies have found may help lower the risk of developing Alzheimer's disease.
- Red Apples: The phytonutrients and antioxidants in apples may help reduce the risk of cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease. Apples are known to reduce cholesterol levels, and studies have shown that they can even help to detoxify your liver. Because they are packed with fiber, apples are a healthy snack that fills you up quickly! Red apples, specifically, contain an antioxidant called quercetin - which helps to boost the immune system.
- Moringa Powder: Moringa is most well-known for its all-natural energizing affects, which are never followed by a crash. It can aid in mental clarity, maintaining a healthy blood pressure, and boosting your immunity. Packed with various vitamins and minerals, it's an antioxidant as well as an anti-inflammatory. Moringa also has strong anti-aging properties, and aids in both flexibility and mobility.
What To Do:
As I previously stated, this recipe is as easy as 1-2-3. Seriously.
- Peanut butter is the bulk of the dip, so mix your desired amount of peanut butter with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey (Honey will sweeten the dip, so you can really add however much you prefer).
- Mix in your Moringa powder until it is evenly distributed throughout the dip.
- Cut your red apples up, and start dipping!